Friday, July 23, 2010

"Do you live in a house or a trailer?"

Wassup blog world. Okay so this is my first blog ever and I have no clue why I have decided to make one. If it were a year ago I’d be blogging because I had a project due in a week and it was mandatory to do something creative. Now, I sit here in utter boredom as it thunders in the small town of Polk City using my wonderful “writing skills” to tell you all about a bunch of nothing.

My name is Stephanie and usually the next thing I tell people is that I am Puerto Rican. I don’t know why, it just comes out that way. When I was younger the next question would have been “Do you live in a house or trailer?”. Now, for those who feel offended at this point, don’t. I simply asked because before I moved to Florida, I considered a trailer to be a movie promotion or what semi’s carry. Culture shock, that’s what I would call it now, culture shock. I moved to Polk City when I was eight years old. Before then, I lived in New York. Sounds drastic I know, and that’s because it is. Skyscrapers to cows on the side of the road, cracked cement to picturesque meadows, Tony’s Pizza on Myrtle Avenue to Hungry Howie’s. Now don’t let the fact that I lived in New York allow you to think that I was living in “TriBeca right next to Deniro” because the next line to that song is “I be hood forever.” I lived in good ol’ Brooklyn on Sunnyside Avenue (bit of an oxymoron now but whatever). But, when I was younger, I thought I had life down pact. I had my family, a best friend (who doesn’t remember me now), and all the “street meat”, pizza, and Italian ices I could ask for. But, things change and people change and THAT’S another blog entry for another time!

So yea, I am Puerto Rican and I’m a student at the University of South Florida majoring in Mass Communications. This is so cool I feel like I’m sixteen again writing in the About Me section on MySpace for the first time. Except now, I can write about more than just the basics and not have to sound cool about it. Oh, MySpace how I don’t miss you anymoreJ.

1 comment:

  1. Lady!!!! You made a blog! Im proud of you! very good "first" entry! :) MISS YOUU!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete