Monday, April 11, 2011

Primers Unveiled.

Many makeup lovers claim that Urban Decay’s Primer Potion (UDPP) is brilliantly crafted to prime the eyes and prevent eye shadow creasing all day long. I won’t deny that. However, I received a travel size Primer Potion with my Naked Palette and found that MAC Paint Pots are better in my opinion.

Sure, UDPP has adorable packaging (which wastes product), but the overall feel of the primer is oily and not as “sticky” as the MAC Paint Pots. That stickiness is a necessity for eye shadows with stubborn fallouts.

For a while UDPP had color over Paint Pots with many people asking, “Why buy so many Paint Pots in different colors when you can get the colorless primer potion?” Well now UD is selling primer potions in four new colors and is charging more for their new squeezable tubes. If I am looking for a colored base that can be used as a primer and as an all-over eye color, I am going to use the more affordable and reliable MAC Paint Pot.

For those of you who have UDPP, I have two tips for you:

1. Never throw it out without cutting it open with a knife and re-potting the excess product.

2. When looking for a colorless base, choose MAC’s Painterly, Rubenesque, Soft Ochre or Bare Study Paint Pots.




MAC Paint Pots - $16.50

Urban Decay Primer Potions - $19



No comments:

Post a Comment