Sunday, March 3, 2013

9 Weeks.

And the countdown continues...

I must say, I have had quite the weekend! Cold, but fun. It was a weekend full of - surprise, surprise - friends and food. 

First Friday:
The weekend started off with St. Petersburg's First Friday. This is a block party that St. Pete has every first Friday of the month with live jazz bands and drink specials. It was my first time and it was a blast.

First off, St. Pete is beautiful - especially downtown. It felt very New Orleans-y with friendly people on a string-lit block and good music.  It was definitely a night to remember. But anyway, what happens on First Friday, stays at First Friday!

Acropolis: 
My good friend, Nadim, came to visit this weekend from Miami and treated me to lunch. We met up and had some Greek food in Ybor City. It literally felt like it took 3 hours to get food, but it was worth it. Seeing him and catching up made me realize that the friendships that I make in college are the ones you'll keep forever. No distance can interfere with that :) 

USF v. DePaul Basketball Game:

I love my school, but I'm not in denial. Our basketball team sucks. We have been on a 10-game losing streak, but today we actually won. Is that not a sign of a good weekend or what? The Green and Gold Guides met up, got some free pizza, and enjoyed the game together. And what happens after we are together? We eat. Psh, naturally. A group of us went to Chili's after, played with some children's menus and got scared of the future after Nadim told us the crude truth about life after college haha. No offense taken Nadim, that's why we are living it up while we still can!


With that said, I begin my last 9th week until graduation. This week is filled with papers due, tests, and my departure to Chicagoooooo!!!!! Spring break is on the horizon! I can feel it!!

Here is some more of First Friday, including an exclusive video of Kristine and Daniela eating an oyster!

The whole group at First Friday




2 comments:

  1. Hey lady!! :)
    I nominated you for the Liebster Blogging Award! :)

    http://breeannahope.com/2013/03/08/an-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did!?! You are wonderful! Miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete