Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Graduate School Acceptance Letters!!

NYU Acceptance Letter
I write in extreme pride and accomplishment today. Yesterday morning I found out that I got accepted into New York University! But what many people don't know, is that I also got accepted to the University of Miami in January. I was in such shock about NYU, that I posted my acceptance on Facebook right away. FYI: NYU was my "reach" school. With Miami, I shared the news with my fellow Green and Gold Guides at our retreat weekend - which is when I found out.

Anyway, I figured I would post my acceptance letters since it is a huge milestone. Coincidentally, I found out both of my admissions decisions in the middle of having a conversation with Kristine - shows how much I "multi-task." 

Now the million dollar question is: Where are you going to graduate school? The decision is still pending. I am the type of person that can't even make a decision on where to eat. So, these kind of life-changing decisions are really difficult for me. A huge factor is price. Getting a graduate-level education is not cheap and living expenses don't help. After I receive admissions decisions from other schools and see what financial help can be offered, I will be able to make a decision holistically. 

UM Acceptance Letter
New York is definitely in my future; it's just a matter of when. Right now, NYU is a dream that is now in reach and I am so grateful that I have this opportunity - especially since New York is the Mecca for PR. But we will see and I will be sure to keep you all updated on my decision. 

I also want to take the time to say how grateful I am for the friendships and relationships that I have in my life. What makes these acceptances so special is the outpouring of love and support from people. Dear God, after I put my acceptance on Facebook, I got so many likes, comments, texts, phone calls, emails, screams, and hugs. It nice to be surrounded with people who get just as excited as I do for my future. I'm just lucky, I guess.

Thank you. 

2 comments:

  1. Ok Questions:
    Which school do you see yourself at?
    What opportunities such as internships do they offer?
    What would the comute living situation be like in each school?
    Some questions to think about. No matter what you decide I love ya and I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet!! I'll keep you updated on what I decide!

    ReplyDelete