Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cocinando en Barcelona.

Dinner was AMAZING tonight!! I may be biased because I did help make it. CIS treated us to a Catalan cooking class and I LOVED it. I cant tell you all how much I loved this class. I can talk about this forever.

The chef was awesome! His name was Chef Ignacio and he reminded me of a cartoon character. He was so animated (no pun intended). He was sarcastic and quirky and we spoke to him in Spanish the entire time. It was good practice. I did not leave his side. I was quite the teachers pet. As soon as I put on the apron, I didn't stop. All of the information was like a drug and I wanted to keep learning more and more.

My favorites were the Paella, Potato Omlette and Tomato Bread. All of these recipes are amazingly simple. I am amazed that classes like this are offered to tourists. If we do end up going to Italy, I want to take an Italian cooking class. I think that would be so much fun!

El Menu:
Chupito de Sopa de Tomate al Aroma de Idiazabal (Cold Tomato Soup)
Tortilla de Patatas y Pan con Tomate (Potato Omlette and Tomato Bread)
Paella Valencian Style
Crema Catalana (Catalan Cream - similar to Creme Brulee)



Cooking the Paella

The Tomato Soup

Potato Omlette

Paella

Crema Catalana

My Specialty :) My little omlette came out "PERFECTO" according to Chef Ignacio!

Chef Ignacio

No comments:

Post a Comment