Friday, June 3, 2011

La Sagrada Familia.

I have never seen such a beautiful church in my life. The second I walked in, I cried. We also went on the lift and it took us to the very top of La Sagrada Familia. We were able to see all of Barcelona and the view was breathtaking (the stairs on the way back down freaked me out though).

Words aren't enough to explain the beauty of this church. Whether you define yourself as a religious person or not, this place has the capability of making you believe in a higher power. I cannot explain the feeling that went through me as I walked in and saw this massive church. This kind of energy makes you believe that anything is possible. It makes you feel safe. And you can't help but feel that you are in the presence of complete and utter greatness. This kind of energy makes you cry.

I was left in awe. Enjoy the photos and keep in mind that these photos do not depict the detail and energy that left me with goosebumps.



Outside the church.

This is the ceiling!

As we were going down the stairs.

Add these numbers from left to right, right to left, diagonally, outer four corners or inner four corners and it sums 33 - the age Jesus was sacrificed.

The main entrance door of the church - it documents the last days of Jesus' life.


No comments:

Post a Comment