Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sneak peek of where I work!!!

For those of you who do not know, I intern at IMS Consulting. They do public relations, sales and marketing for luxury hotels and when I say luxury, I mean LUXURY. These hotels are insanely beautiful and very expensive. They are commonly used as venues for high profile events and they accommodate celebrities, CEO's and very wealthy people (who are respectively considered VIP's).

Today, Jessica, the youngest and newest employee at IMS, showed me the route to the post office and also showed me where they commonly meet clients. We bonded and she told me that she interned for fashion PR companies in London and New York. I told her that I would be here for two months and she said that it was not enough time! That's a first!

I look forward to shadowing the other employees. There are some events in the near future that I get to help plan and hopefully I get to sit in on a meeting with journalists. They work directly with Vogue, ELLE, Glamour, Esquire, Harpers Bazaar and other popular magazines. I never thought that hotels would be promoted in fashion magazines just as much as in travel magazines. The placement of their promotions is genial.

I hope to eventually get to a point in my public relations career where I can travel to meet clients as much as these people do. It seems so fun and interesting. And I love how fast-paced it is. I definitely look forward to more days at IMS.

My Office that I share with Tesia (a fellow intern and newest friend)

Fooling around in the bathroom. It was a casual and COLD day!


Tesia, the Atlanta Sweetheart :)




No comments:

Post a Comment