Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bienvenidos a Barca.

Word of the day: Vale - "okay"
This word is used so much! I compare it to how much we use "like" in the States.

Today I went to formally present myself to my supervisor at IMS Consulting. First, let me say that I WAS SOOOO SCARED!! I made Kristine get up with me (as my birthday present) and go to the Panaderia (bakery). I got a magdalena (muffin) and then we worked our way to the Metro. We got lost on the way to the metro, but we eventually found it and bought metro cards.

So I got on the train and four stops later I was at the Hospital Clinic stop where I was to meet my advisor (there are A LOT of hospitals here). I was there early so I ended up waiting a while before she found me. Two kisses to greet by the way. The director came and he gave us some paper work.

When I arrived at my internship in the center of the bustling city of Barcelona, I was pleasantly surprised. The office is so chic, the supervisor is beyond friendly and their publications in Elle Magazine and Harper's Bazaar blow me away!!

The people here are so nice. If they see that you are lost, they will help you. If they see that you have trouble understanding they say, "You speak to me in English, and I speak to you in Spanish - that way we both get practice."

My apartment is also surprisingly cute. Kristine and I are sharing a room and I am so grateful that it has a washing machine!! Take a look at the keys the landlord gave us - they look like ancient keys. Dare I compare them to Tiffany key necklaces??? NAHHH. :)

Featuring my new Black Shatter OPI Nail Polish from my sister for my birthday.

Will be blogging some more later today to tell you about my lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment