Friday, May 6, 2011

SHOES, SHOES, SHOES!!!!!

I'm a late bloomer. I started wearing contacts at 17, I am still barely 5 feet tall and I have been a size 6 shoe since the seventh grade. Shoes are something that I always hated to shop for when I was young. So many colors to choose from, so much pain to bear, why are women faced with such hard decisions?

Besides award ceremonies or violin recitals, there was no need for me to buy heels. My sister… she always rocked them. She had her heels living like thieves in her closet shelves nicely stacked in their original boxes.

But there comes a time when every woman falls in love with a pair shoes. And it starts with just one dangerous pair. It can come to her when she walks in the store and sees the heels of her dreams on a high and prestigious shelf. It can unexpectedly take her by surprise when another woman confidently walks by in gorgeous platform pumps. For my sister, it happened when she tried on my mother’s red leather pumps at 2 years old. For me, it happened when I needed to buy work shoes for Spain. It started with one pair and then I saw a couple more on sale. And then I realized my mom had a coupon and another pair just fell into my hands.

So I went a little crazy this weekend and now I have a haul of shoes to share with you.

Take a look at some of the shoes I will be taking with me to Spain:

Nine West "Nuncio" - I was reliably informed that these shoes are the most comfortable for work. Once I tried them on, I understood why. The kitten heel and pointed toe create a "flat" effect making it feel like you are not in dress heels.


Libby Edelman "Alice" Flats - Absolutely the most comfortable flats I have ever owned. The groves on the sole prevent the notorious feeling of walking on the floor while wearing typical flats. They are so light almost like a leather jeweled Croc but trust me, in a good way.

Michael Kohrs Cone Stretch Sandal - These babies are about a year old. My aunt bought them for me for my birthday. They are really easy to walk it and they are the edgiest sandals I own.

Mossimo "Vivien" Sandals - I got these on Easter weekend with my sister. She loved them too so she bought a pair as well. They've gotta be good if the queen of shoes buys them right?



Mossimo "Pearce" Pumps - I lied. This is where it started. With these babies. When I bought these nude pumps in the fall I realized that comfortable heels existed outside of Payless. Sorry Payless ;)

Carlos Santana "I Believe 2" Heels - The award winners for beauty. Just got these last week. They compliment my warm undertone beautifully. LOVE LOVE!!






No comments:

Post a Comment